Sunday, March 13, 2011

I'm Expecting!!

Well Brad and I, although not Catholic, have decided to fast for lent. Brad started on Ash Wensday and had a very long list and me... well I'm starting this coming Monday(as in tomorrow).
F.R.O.G.
We have decided to better ourselves by removing ungodly things from our home.
Today we went through our DVD collection and threw out any DVDs that we thought would bring us back to where we have been. We want to be a Christ following family. A Christian family that Fully Relies On God!
We want our home to be warm and inviting to those whom are not christians and those whom are. No matter their faith we want them to feel at home within our home.
So we are "deleting everything bad from our lives. We are going to bless our home and we are starting fresh.

A few questions I know you may be asking:
  • Why now?
    • Well to be perfectly honest, why not now? We have a beautiful baby boy who is growing up in a terrible society, and who needs to have the security of our Lord with him at all times no matter his age. I can't speak for Brad but I know he feels the same way. We should have done this before I was pregnant. We should have been doing this before we where married. We where late so we are doing it now.
  • What are you going to be doing? 
    • We are re-dedicating our lives to the Lord. We want a relationship with him that is above any other here on earth
    •  We are removing things from our lives that are unholy and that do not help us with our walk with God
The one thing that I am giving up for lent is Facebook. Most likely that is one of the only reasons you are here reading this. And if you actually read this far you will now know that my "I'm Expecting" update was just a attention grabber.
I will be back on facebook after 10 days, but not to the extent that I have been recently.
I found myself on my phone after midnight(I got into my bed around 11pm) and I was looking at everyone's updates and I asked myself...    "Why am I still online? What is so interesting about someone's life that I need to know where they ate that day and what new something they bought was."

Then it hit me "I have a problem with facebook" Instead of staying on fb for hours on end I should be reading my Bible, finishing laundry, playing with my adorable son(Don't worry I already do this a ton but come on he's a cutie and could use more than 8 hours a day of mommy time!), playing with the pups, exercising, trying a new recipe, etc.
So that is it! Bye bye facebook for 10 days at least. If I can't do 10 days then I'm deleteing my facebook altogether. Starting over fresh like a new baby... (hence the "I'm expecting")
I will be updating on here, I also realized that I have been niglecting this blogg, I made it so that family and friends would be able to see what we are doing and watch Jeremiah growing... I haven't been doing that and I really need to

 In other news! Jeremiah is getting quite big! He's started making sounds that sound like words. He says "maa-maa" when he's crying and laughs and giggles like he has for months but now they are more entertaining!
He has also figured out that if he "coughs" mommy and daddy will come running! The best part is the moment he sees us he starts laughing as if it is a game. Thankfully after a couple of his coughs we have figured out when he really is coughing and when he's just being a goofball! Even though we still play his game once and a while, love seeing his face when we come in to check on him!

Maggie's Fading Holes
Besides Jeremiah being awesome and a little cuddle bug, Maggie-May has healed very well and only has little scabs left on her neck. We are so thankful that she is safe and was not killed! And also very thankful and blessed by the staff at our new veterinary hospital.
Mosley, is well... Mosley and is getting his entire body shaved this week. We have come to the conclusion that Jeremiah may be allergic to Mosley because I am also and the fact that Jeremiah is always sneezing around him. So super short hair for Mo and lots and lots of vacuuming for mommy! As long as my little man is happy and healthy that is all that matters!

Bradley and Mosley
Bradley is loving his job and the people there are really great, I'm happy he likes it! We are starting a game night with a few people we have met around here. We have started a pretty good collection of board games and card games and think it would be a great way to have fellowship and enjoy company with new people.

Well that is all I have for tonight! Maybe some more tomorrow! Off to feed Jeremiah and attempt to get him to eat some of his rice cereal without spitting it everywhere!
Night night and God bless!!!


A video for your viewing pleasure!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment