Wednesday, May 8, 2013

MANI & pedi's

Ever since I can remember I have bit my nails. Not like the creepy people who bite them down to the bone but pretty darn short. I've always had anxiety and stressed out about stupid things and some very big crazy things too. 

Almost a month ago I decided that my stress levels had to go down for good and that my nail biting needed to end. Over ten years of "trying" to stop biting my nails was so wrong. Usually I would go a week and a half and just give in. 
This time was different and it will continue to be different. 
I had done my nails up for a job interview and looked at myself in the mirror before I left.  
Even though I'm still a little heavy (another thing I'm working on) I saw how beautiful I was. My hair is finally thickening back up from my pregnancy, my skin is clearing up finally (moving to the other side of the us was NOT helpful),  my body is down to my pre pregnancy weight and is starting to tone and hopefully this summer I will finally have a tan again... Without paying $60 a month haha 
Anyways. So I saw myself in a new light. A mature, intelligent, wife and mother who is going places so I better keep acting like and dressing like I belong. 

So I stopped biting my nails. After I took off the fakies almost two weeks later I immediately cleaned, moisturized, buffed and polished my shortish nails. 

I made sure that all of my nails were rounded and free of snags to be sure I wouldn't bite. 

So far so good. I keep myself busy and when I feel the need to bite I chew gum or just go and do dishes or clean. 

It's an addiction, just like eating, smoking and drugs. 

It may not have severe effects like other addictions but its still a addiction. 

So here's to realizing that I am beautiful and I am going someplace! To beautiful nails and mani & pedis, not just pedis!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment