Sunday, June 30, 2013

Gotta PEE!!!

That is what my son is saying to get me to go and "rescue" him from his room.
He just went to the bathroom, washed his hands and so on before his night time diaper was put on. 

It's five of eleven.

This has become a daily event in our home. I know it's because he's two and a half and he's trying to control his environment the only way he knows how....

Screaming anything that may let him out of his room for a few more minutes, even a second would be awesome in his mind. 

This only happens when he is extremely tired. And considering that we laid him down at 8:30 rather than the usual 9pm; this is quite weird even for him.

Oh toddlerhood, why are you so darn mean to me!!?!?!?!

Other news, anthropology hates me. I had the beloved 4.0 gpa up until this point and now I will be lucky if I get over a 3.5. Dang it! I've got to kick it up a notch! 

I really don't like anthro. I understand the purpose of the class, realizing that our little box of a world that we live in here in the US is not the only world. Every thing we do, effects someone else. No matter who or where they are, they can be effected. 
Being the smart butt that I am, I thought I would look up anthropology videos on youtube. 
I was so sick by what I saw that I couldn't finish the video. It had nothing to do about the people in the video, it had to do with what was happening to those poor people who just wanted to live their simple lives. I actually envy them. Find foods that you are used to, build homes, and protect yourself from invaders. I know it's not that simple, but to them it is. Family and friends are family and are treated as such. 

So I have a paper due tomorrow on a tribe and I haven't even started it. Yup. Instead of doing my homework all weekend I took a much needed break from everything and immersed myself into the world of sims. I needed it and I actually feel much more relaxed now. There is something about building a house from the ground up and decorating it the way you please that makes me happy. I guess it's my inner architect in there someplace. 

(ADD moment) All throughout high school I wanted to go to school for architectural design. I loved every aspect of designing homes and beautiful buildings for people. Laying the foundation, creating a home for someone who really wanted to create their own home from scratch and really make it THEIRS. 
I gave up on that dream, well more like the Lord told me to give up and told me I had something bigger to do. 

It's funny how you can dream of one thing and then your life changes course. I find it like depending on the wind to control a boat that is set on semi auto pilot. 
You can only go as far as the wind will allow and you have to trust that the wind will bring you to the right destination. Prayerfully keeping your heart and mind open and dependent on the one and only one above. 









No comments:

Post a Comment